KOREAN FOOD : KIMCHI

 

What Is Kimchi?

Korean food is now very popular and one of Korean food that very well known is Kimchi (김치). Kimchi is fermented vegetable with varieties of seasoning. Kimchi is most common side dish in Korean and also use as a main ingredient in some popular dish such as Kimchi Stew (김치 째), Kimchi Fried Rice (김치 볶음밥) and Kimchi Soup (김칫 국).

image

Varieties Of Kimchi

Kimchi can made from are varieties of vegetables such as radish, Chinese cabbage, cucumber, bean sprout or green onion.

image

Korean Radish

image

Chinese Cabbage

image

Green Onion

image

Cucumber

Calories In Kimchi

Here some information about calories contain in kimchi.Click link below.

Nutrient Fact - http://www.caloriegallery.com/foods/calories-in-kimchi.htm 

 

Kimchi Making

Making Kimchi is quite easy and we can keep this fermented dish for many week and month. To make Cabbage Kimchi,the ingredients is:

Chinese cabbage

Chilli pepper powder

Garlic

Ginger

Fish/shrimp sauce

Salt

For more information about making kimchi, click link below

http://www.maangchi.com/recipe/kimchi-kaktugi

 

My Kimchi

I also try making kimchi but i’m not using cabbage, i use bean sprout and added some green onion..

DSCN1212

DSCN1218

I also added  kimchi when I cooked instant noodles…it delicious,you must try it..Winking smile

DSCN1210

DSCN1208

Today, I have kimchi fried rice for my breakfast…a bit spicy..Surprised smile

DSCN1227

DSCN1229

Comments

Unknown said…
I never thought that i can make kimchi myself..i gotta try it ! =D visit my blog ^^
http://greentredbean.blogspot.com/search/label/Kimchi

Popular Posts